A liquid water treatment for brewing light beers in hard water areas. 250 ml
If the water in your supply is hard, meaning high in bicarbonates and therefore alkaline it is probably suitable for brewing darker, less hoppy ales but not pale hoppy ones. Some of the problems caused by excess alkalinity include
- harsh after-tastes in the beer
- Low mash efficiency due to inhibition of enzyme action
- Unstable beers with a shorter shelf life
- Infections are more likely
- An undesirable change in the flavour of hops used
Use this treatment to mitigate these problems and improve your brewing. As a rough guide each bottle contains enough treatment for roughly six or sever brews in an average hard water area.
Hard water treatment for all grain brewing
Addition instructions are on the back of the bottle. A plastic measuring pipette is included.